Erasmus Mundus is a cooperation and mobility programme in the field of higher education that aims to enhance the quality of European higher education and to promote dialogue and understanding between people and cultures through cooperation with third countries. In addition, it contributes to the development of human resources and the international cooperation capacity of higher education institutions in third countries by increasing mobility between the European Union and these countries.
Erasmus Mundus 2009-2013 is a programme for:
- the enhancement of quality in European higher education,
- the promotion of the European Union as a centre of excellence in learning around the world,
- the promotion of intercultural understanding through cooperation with Third Countries as well as for the development of Third Countries in the field of higher education.
Erasmus Mundus 2009-2013 (Decision N° 1298/2008/EC) continues and extends the scope of the activities already launched during the first phase (2004-2008)of the programme.
Erasmus Mundus 2009-2013 is implemented through the following actions:
- Action 1: Erasmus Mundus joint programmes of outstanding quality at masters (Action 1 A) and doctoral (Action 1 B) levels including scholarships/fellowships to participate in these programmes.
- Action 2: Erasmus Mundus Partnerships between European and Third Country higher education institutions including scholarships and fellowships for mobility at all academic levels.
- Action 3: Promotion of European higher education through projects to enhance the attractiveness of Europe as an educational destination and a centre of excellence at world level.
Croatia does not participate fully in Erasmus Mundus.
To learn about the opportunities for higher education institutions and individuals from Croatia click here.
Please note that partner search tool is available. Please consult the following link.
To learn about the first phase of Erasmus Mundus (2004-2008) and its results click here.
See also information available at the site of the Agency for Mobility and EU Programmes.